Webflow Designer canvas is shrinking width wise

I suddenly had very strange behaviour. Basically the viewable area of the editor animated itself decreasingly until there was no visible site left. I tried reopening it manually to no avail. I refreshed the page and the same thing happened. I ended up closing the browser window and opening webflow again to find that my site is in a state that never existed. Basically I’ve lost most of 2hours of work excepting a couple of things that were done just before the weirdness happens. Essentially I have a mix of my website as it was 2 hours ago combined with the 2 last changes that I made, as I’ve said, my site was NEVER at that stage.

That’s super odd :open_mouth:

Have you tried looking at your backups to see if anything was saved?

the last back up is from 2 hours ago

For more weirdness, actions that I created which were related to elements that no longer exist are still there…

I would definitely contact support to let them know and possibly help you out.

Hi @Mowgli is this happening in just one of your Webflow sites or all of them? Can you please DM me the link to your site?

This definitely sounds like strange behavior - I’m looking into it right now:

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with all browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.