Webflow Collections List Display not working properly

For some mysterious reason, my CMS list display leaves this awkward gap in the second row:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-14f321?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=portfolio-14f321&preview=106452d7611693d014fa090d25e1ac79&pageId=5dda050956a2d604a054ddf7&itemId=5dda050956a2d6754154de23&mode=preview

It’s strange because my other pages using the same template doesn’t have this layout issue:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-14f321?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=portfolio-14f321&preview=106452d7611693d014fa090d25e1ac79&pageId=5dda050956a2d604a054ddf7&itemId=5dda050956a2d6500e54de2c&mode=preview

If anyone can advise me on how to fix this strange layout issue please let me know! I’ve already tried deleting all the images from the multi-image field and reuploading them again with no avail :frowning:

Recorded a quick video that I hope is helpful to you :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!! You’re a life saver! :blush:

My absolute pleasure! Glad it works for what you need.

• Noah

This just helped me solve a similar issue. Thanks again!

1 Like

This solution helped me understand the best way to layout a collection list in grid format. However, after applying these settings to my list it looks great in Chrome, but has gone back to a broken layout in Safari. It’s skipping over blocks and leaving blank areas.

@Noah-R ?
Does anyone have a fix?

Nevermind. I had my Collection List settings on 2-column layout. Switching to full-width worked!

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 5.24.29 PM|490x500

1 Like

Ah, sorry for the late response. I’m glad you solved it and that it’s working for you now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I have the same issue, but my products show in a list instead of 4/row. I’ve put all the settings in that you showed in the video, but it’s the same! So grateful for help.

Man, in a couple of clicks you fixed a problem i’ve been having for a while now. It was driving me crazy! Thank you very much!

Same! Thank you so much!

I was facing a similar issue. This was super useful! Thanks a lot :smiley:

Hi @Noah-R . I have the same issue but the video you posted is no longer available. Can you please repost or describe what t do to eliminate the gaps in the CMS list.

Thank you!

Hey @Roadhat,

Would you mind sharing your Webflow Read Only Link so I can take a closer look and help you directly with your project?

Thanks so much,
– Noah

Hi @Noah-R

Thank you for your reply.

In the meantime I have figured out how to do it by changing the columns’ layout with flex layout. It has resolved all the issues.

However, I have another issue related to search results, which I have also posted in the community.
if you are good with javascript, you may be able to help me there.

Thank you again!