[VIDEO TUTORIAL] Create a Dynamic Contact Form in 1 minute

Hello Community! :smiley:

A dynamic contact form IS possible.

Live site: http://dynamic-form.webflow.io

Now cloneable from my profile: HERE

With just ONE simple teeny tiny line of code. :hugs:

<input type="text" name="Product Page" value="ADD DYNAMIC LINK HERE">

You can use this to send dynamic (and static) information. So if you have 10 team members and want to be able to email them from their own CMS page then you can with this Embed and a simple trigger on your inbox. (Or a Zapier integration if you use Gmail)

CloudApp

This is my first proper “tutorial video” so I hope I make sense and don’t ramble on too much!

Please let me know if you like it, already knew about it, or if you have any problems.

:webflow_heart:

1 Like

Very useful indeed sir!

I’ll be using this on a site - thanks for the video :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This was exactly what I needed. Cheers!

1 Like

AMAZING! Thank you very much. I have a question for you -

Let’s say i want to have a contact form on a product page, but my Webflow website is linked/exported with Udesly Adapter to Wordpress (mainly because the client requirements are out of Webflow’s reach) can your form fetch the product page it is on?

Hello Mark, this is Mark :slight_smile:

My name is Mark from Germany, thanks for your video! Jedovh I have a slightly different situation and since I haven’t found a solution yet, I have hope that you might have an idea.

I want to set up a directory for experts on www.viivaa.de and each expert gets a detailed profile page. The website visitor has the possibility to click on a contact form at the end of the profile page and send a message to the expert.

As I do not want to make the email addresses of the experts “public”, I would like to note them in the CMS entry and the contact form will dynamically (based on the email address in the CMS) send the message to the expert by email.

Do you know a way to solve this so that the website visitor sends a message via the website without “seeing” the expert’s email address? And that the expert receives this email, preferably automatically via Webflow?

I am looking forward to your feedback,
best regards and have a good weekend!

Mark
P.S.: With this webflow link you will get a scribble of the page, at the end you will find the contact form: viivaa

Oh hi Mark :wave:

The custom form is ideal for setting this up, but you will need an external resource such as Zapier to trigger the emails.

When you add a custom field to the form, you will need to send something unique with the form (i.e their name or a reference number) then in Zapier, you look for that reference or name, and then do something.

While I don’t have access to the project anymore, I did have this setup for a client who had a few team members that received emails based on the CMS item the form was embedded in.

You can add forms either to Collection List Items, or CMS Template pages and this will work.

TLDR; Use Zapier to look for form data to activate triggers and forward emails appropriately.
I hope this helps,

Mark, Mark, Mark.