Uploading a video from drop box and using it as a background video

Hello,

I am trying to upload a video from drop box and use it as my background. I would like this video to play in a loop and have no controls.

I have tried loads of different ways and nothing is working!

I would really appreciate any help - i am new to this so it may be something really simple that i am just overlooking.

I have already tried embedding this code:

from a previous tutorial i read - however, when i paste my drop box url nothing works!

Link: Dropbox - papas.mp4 - Simplify your life
Link: Dropbox - papas.ogg - Simplify your life

I would really appreciate any help.

The link to the site is:

I was hoping to change one of the background image to the videos in my drop box!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Hi @George_Papadamou, in your video links, change the ā€œwwwā€ to ā€œdlā€ Like this:

Before: Dropbox - papas.mp4 - Simplify your life
After: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/khu7hatr345lqjr/papas.mp4?dl=0

Try that and if you have some issues, let us know :slight_smile: Cheers,
Dave

Thank you so much! It now works in editor - which is the closest iā€™ve came so far! Any idea why it doesnt work when i publish it though?

Huge thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @George_Papadamou, thanks, it seems the read-only link to your site needs to be checked: Share a read-only link | Webflow University. Can you check this and then reshare the link? Cheers,
Dave

Ooops thanks for that!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/papastester?preview=a7658a7db5d76256b534ae2fb5c409aa

I have decided to make a ā€˜testerā€™ to get this sorted and try different things on without ruining my published site!

thanks

@George_Papadamou, that is smart thinking, we always recommend a test site to create something new that one may be learning how to create :slight_smile:

George, how did you create the ogv version of the video? I am not sure that is a valid file, I am not getting errors in the browser, but also no video, which makes me think there is something in the video encoding.

1 Like

i used an online mp4 to ogg converterā€¦ could this be the problem??

Just tried it and thats sorted the problem!

Thank you so much!

AMAZING SERVICE!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.