Update on reported spam via forms

Hi there, I’ve been having the same issue this past week with spam on WF forms.

After investigating why reCaptcha wasn’t blocking the spam on my form, I checked my reCaptcha account console & in my case I had exceeded the 10,000 free monthly assessments without having billing details supplied to Google for this site key, so I would assume it was because I had surpassed the free monthly 10,000 assessments quota & reCaptcha was simply letting the spam mails go through now.

Last week, I noticed that multiple sites of mine had the recaptcha site/secret key fields reset. The fields were blank and the toggle switch was positioned to “off”. Not sure if this happened due to reaching a quota, but strange that everything was turned off automatically.

I was seeing an increase in Spam and like other people have said I have reCaptcha set up.

Within reCaptcha settings I notice within “Security Preference” I could update this another level to “Most secure” after doing this it has been the first 24 hours since I have had zero spam through.

Not sure if this is just a coincidence or has helped but worth checking and updating see if this helps anyone else :grinning:

I shared a quick and easy solution that’s an alternative to using Basin that filters out 100% of the bot generated spam in another thread - link below:

Since I’m a small freelancer with just a few clients, that’s a good idea to use a single Basin account, cheers.

Overall hope there will be a solution from Webflow, also reading others.