Unable to add symbol - getting form block error

Is my symbol built incorrectly or is this a bug? any help is appreciated! cc @waldo

Hi @thewonglv thanks for posting this! It’s a recent regression (bug) where elements with forms in them cannot be copied and pasted (same goes for pulling in symbols with forms in them).

Current work around is to remove the form from the symbol and then use the symbol and add the form back in.

We’re working on a fix for this bug and I’ll post an update as soon as I have more information :bow:

1 Like

Hi @thewonglv Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Designer) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature?

Hi @Waldo ,
I still get this error when copy/pasting element blocks (no symbols, plain div elements that include form elements). The form elements itself are standalone and not wrapped in form-blocks (good old alt+drag form-element workaround).

This worked fine up until some weeks ago :frowning:

Hi @Marci form elements can only be moved around when they are within a parent form element.

The workaround would be to add a new form parent element and then move that parent around the canvas as needed with the appropriate form elements inside of it. When you drop a form element on the canvas you can drag form child elements into the form.

​Please let me know if this is helpful, or if you have any additional questions, I’m happy to help further.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.