Typer.js script error breaks page layout

Hey folks!

One of our users at Tribe just reported that the landing page was broken.

I haven’t done anything in particular. It has always worked perfectly for months. Everything looks perfect in the “Designer” but it is not the same in the live version.

Do you have any idea what happened? It’s kind of an urgent.

Here is the link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/heytribe?preview=5277e9ec94823699e2b095d9e413eafd

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @laurentdesserre, ​ I did check this out. The issue seems to be the typer.js script has an error, messing with the page layout and otherwise normal function.

Removing the typer.js from the page, or fixing the error should fix the issue.

Thanks @cyberdave!

You’re right, it’s about “Custom code” (cf. alert message at the bottom)

But when I remove the typer.js part, or even everything, I still have this alert message. You can try.
I also tried to remove the typer.js part from the Designer but I still have the issue.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

Hi @laurentdesserre, do you mean the “Custom code is not validated, incorrect code may cause this published page to not render properly” message?

That is just a warning and always appears.

Oh ok @cyberdave! I haven’t noticed that it was always displayed.

Well, I deleted the “typer” part in the “Designer” in two different ways but I still have the issue.
Can you show me how you fixed the issue on your side?

That would be amazing - Thanks!

Hi @laurentdesserre,

Head:

Footer:

No changes

Republish.

See my result:

I hope this helps!

Weird @cyberdave. It worked. Then I changed the headline, and it broke again.

Do you see the same as me where you are?

@cyberdave I deleted every single mark of the Typer thing but it still doesn’t work :frowning:

Hi lauren, I see that you have a missing > on all your video tags, just close your video tags and I think this will fix your problem. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @AntonioBalderas! Working perfectly now :slight_smile:

Hi, I still see some problems on the layout

Thank you @AntonioBalderas! I’ve ben trying to fix these issues since then but I can’t find a way.

Do you have any idea how I could fix this @cyberdave?

As I said at the beginning of the thread, I haven’t done anything in particular. An idea how these bugs appeared?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Done! But it’s not fixing the problem. The weird part is that it looks perfect in the “Designer”. Any other suggestions?

In the preview link I still see that the video tag is not closed. If you agree I can recreate the page on my own to see if your site is not updating properly.

@AntonioBalderas It works! You’re awesome thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.