Typed.js issue on my published website

Hi Webflow Community,

I’m posting here for the first time as I’m having an issue with the typed.js script found on GitHub - mattboldt/typed.js: A JavaScript Typing Animation Library
My clients really want this typed animation and I said I’d deliver, the tutorial made it look super easy but I can’t seem to make it work. Maybe I’m missing something, I really hope someone here can help me fix this.

So, this is the published website: https://appcell.webflow.io/
The typing animation should be playing on the front page, in the Hero Section Container. Right below “Un monde plus” is a Div block with attribute “typed-text” where new words should appear.

The custom code added is as below:

And my console displays these:
Capture d’écran 2021-03-16 à 14.57.50

Thank you for anyone reading and spending time on this post. :slight_smile: :smiley: :pray:

Here is the site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/appcell?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=appcell&preview=989e44a2718bd2ab4c0c4145e769cb3e&mode=preview

Hey @Delphine_B

Couple of things you need to adjust here and it should help.

1. You are trying to target #typed-text, that means you are targeting element ID, not Class, this is an important part. It’s ok to still leave class of element to be typed-text you just need to add it typed-text ID, you can add that by selecting that element and typing it as shown on top right corner of the image

2. I’m guessing you have custom code both on page itself and in project settings, go into project settings and delete it from there ( that’s from the screenshot you left that says Footer Code ). You are already loading it on the page itself and if you don’t have an exact same use case on other pages there’s no need to load it globally on all pages.

Let me know if this helps or if you need anything else, cheers!

1 Like

@Incognito_Agency thank you!

That was it! I feel dumb the problem was so small and right in front of me but I’m so relieved. You saved me an uncomfortable conversation with my client and a lot of stress.

Cheers!

1 Like