Trouble creating a footer

I’m having trouble getting my footer to sit at the bottom of the page on a homepage I’m designing.

I’m still a Webflow beginner, and not entirely sure I’m going about this correctly. To get it to sit at the bottom of the page, I set its position to absolute > bottom. This seems to work well on all the pages but the home page.

In the screenshot below, the footer is the light pink band that’s entangled with the four red boxes.

As you can see in the screenshot of the navigator below, it’s sitting outside of and below all of the other divs on the page, so I’m befuddled as to why it’s entangled with the elements above it.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to correct it. Also, if I am going about this in the right way to begin with?

Thanks.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - NYJB

If you want your footer to be at the bottom of your page, all you need to do is make sure it is the last thing listed in the Navigator panel. Absolute positioning is not needed for that sort of thing.

I looked at your project and I think what is happening is that you’re trying to get the footer to be at the bottom of the page, before you’ve actually designed your page. You will find, as you start putting content into your other pages, that the Absolute positioning of your footer causes a host of other problems. If you switch your footer to Auto positioning, it will jump to the end of your home page. Then, fill in your other pages with content (making sure your footer is at the end) and I think you’ll find the footer is functioning properly.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying the issue @Cricitem.

I somehow thought that I had to get the footer sitting on the bottom of the design view window.

1 Like