The new class selector

Exactly, Ricardo :wink:
Lets call it “dummy element” . Usually I take a div, give it class. Then remove class from div and give it another class, and do this as many times, as many classes I need. All this classes will be GLOBAL. But I can use them for make combo classes too. And they will be available in interaction panel.

Also you can just take element that you need to specify with some other class, for example “ControlPanel” you want to style with class “Two”. If class “ControlPanel” already exist, remove it from element (not remove class at all), give element class “Two”, then add class “ControlPanel” (or in different order). In this way both classes will be available in interactions

Hope I could explain correct.

3 Likes

+1 (and I guess thirty zeros so I can actually post.)

2 Likes

I just found out another huge problem of this new class selector.

Now if I want to rename a global class, and it was previously applied as a combo class, I will have to rename the global class and all the instances of this global class where it was applied as a combo class !!?!?!

OMG :frowning:

It is common for me to change the name of a global class as my project evolves… It is almost impossible for me to do that now… Since my global classes were created to be reusable, now that the class selector changed, I have some global classes appearing in more than 20,30 combo different combo classes…

Is there any possibility that you guys will solve this issues @callmevlad ? I am sorry to bother again with this, but I still can’t understand why the changes you guys pushed recently had to eliminate a whole workflow of projects like mine … I still think that this release should propose something new but embracing this kind of workflow at the same time… I can’t see why for you guys the combo classes logic has to be conflicting with the idea of reusable classes…

thanks

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing @sabanna. They came really handy!

1 Like

I have noticed this also when playing with the new selector. It breaks the association of that instance entirely and starts from scratch wiping all properties. BUT the behavior is not a constant. According to how the order of combo classes are stacked. I am re-testing from a very simple scratch build, because I think I am getting several different outcomes upon renaming:

1. Renaming destroys all properties in the class under some circumstances (a clean wipe).
  2. But, renaming does not always affect all instances of that global class.
  3. Clones - or same stack order combos inherit the destruction / wiping upon renaming.
  4. Any shuffle of the stack order of global combos behave independently (Combo Stack A does not alter Combo Stack B).
  5. Editing the name of the original source div I used to create the global promotes proper inheritance behavior.

Deleting my previous comments - not efficient - sorry. I am off to test this from scratch and will post a cleaner test case for each. Please do the same. This is super important to know exactly what is happening and get a clean result and resolution / support for any issues.

1 Like

Renaming a global class is destructive and will break in all cases as the warning in the style manager indicates. This is not a desired behavior / outcome.

Other random behaviors are not present in a new build. I see some additional warnings, so I assume some of this is actively changing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.