Templates & why content exceeds the 1200 wide desktop view?

I noticed FlyCMS template has the logo well outside of the “safe area” for the standard desktop 1200px width. Same thing with a phone # example on right side. When I use the ‘restore down’ button in the preview mode, the templates items stay in tact, but where I made my own site with this template and I click that button, my nav links auto-wrap to a second row just beneath the first row - which is undesirable. Does this mean there is an issue with a) margin b) padding c) link font size - I must mention, the only thing I changed from the original template was to make the font size for the links somewhat larger (but not out of control) but I also had removed some of the excess links I did not need from the layout. I only have 5 links that appear to be about 18px and then the phone # off to the far right.

When I push/collapse the browser window manually it does know when to switch to the navicon version of the menu.
Just need to know more about the wrapping, how best to fix & prevent - and also how Webflow treats & understands the 1200 breakpoint in particular.

Thank you.

Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really helps us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Aha, I just added extra margin to the right side and this has pretty much cleaned up the issue. I think the rule of thumb must be that nav links must fall within and not outside of: Navigation Container. - Would you agree with that from a design stand-point?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.