Symbols uneditable to collaborators

Hi,

I have recently taken calls from my clients as it appears that they can no longer edit their footers.

On deeper investigation it seems that any symbol instance now makes the item (and anything within it) un-editable to collaborators.

Have I missed something in an announcement or is this intended behaviour now? If it’s intended behaviour then it’s bizarre as I now have very annoyed clients who can no longer edit their websites as before.

To make things re-editable I would have to go into every symbol instance wherever they are on my sites, on every site I have created and manually make them editable to collaborators again, surely this is a bug that has appeared since the recent symbol overrides update?

Can someone else check if this is happening to their sites too?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Golden28,

This is very odd indeed. Could you do me a favor and submit this to our Support channel Here: Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University if you haven’t already done so.

I can have one of our team members take a look at this and if needed file a bug report.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

1 Like

Thanks Brandon,

I have just logged a support email.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.