Element in my navbar symbol has been randomly replaced with another element from the page - when I select it, I am redirected to the element in it's actual position

It’s hard to explain my bug without showing it, so I’ve recorded a quick screen share to show my problem:
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/fN9KXE5mvQmivbGRvzLRLz?

This isn’t the first time it’s happened (I think it might have been with the same symbol everytime?!)
Has anyone else experienced this bug - it just randomly appeared when I refreshed Webflow, no changes had been made. I won’t be able to continue to use Webflow if pages randomly bug out, I have to be able to assure my clients that the website is stable!

Here is a preview link if that helps you https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sosuk?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=sosuk&preview=67f53ea53560ddbbd06834273d10f622&pageId=6023b60256774a69e300f5ea&mode=preview

Thanks!

No solution, but just to flag that I have the same issue.

My “Header” symbol gets changed during publishing on some pages. Even stranger, when adding the symbol to some page it first is normal, but when moving it, its content changes (see video).

This really should not happen…

Video here: Webflow bug - YouTube

1 Like

Just to bump this, as i’m having the same issue. A copyright text is replaced with a different text and given a different class. Also with symbols. Replacing the element does not help, changing class does not help. it seems the problem is either with the content of the text or the content of the element it’s replaced with. I have 2 different symbols with the same text and only one of them is affected.

Here’s a read only link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/frydge-50a862?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=frydge-50a862&preview=6d5b6e80fd0cfe8a2d36fdad3f54675d&mode=preview

1 Like

Can confirm, something funny is happening. I had a link button inside a symbol change text all of a sudden. It was so random I am still not sure what happened.

Hi All,

Brandon here from Webflow Customer Support.

I wanted to let you all know that we have have found the issue that was causing this bug and our team is currently working on a fix for this.

I do not have a timeframe for it, but can say it is on the top of our list to render a fix as it affects so many users.

I will be back in the coming days with further details and if any actions on your part are needed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Have a Great Day and Happy Designing,

~ Brandon M.
Webflow Customer Technical Support Team

1 Like

So to those who still has this problem, it seems that the problem is not with the element inside the symbol but with the element outside of symbol that is put in place of the one inside. Replacing that element fixed the issue for me. For me a heading element was replacing a footer symbol text, and replacing that heading fixed it.

Can confirm that I also have this problem and it is/was driving me mad. Lost a day of work just “cleaning” elements on every page all over a site I’m building for a client (with delivery set for Thursday, mind you).

Despite working around the problem by deleting and replacing affected elements on each page, the issue keeps popping up randomly. Mostly in my footer symbol but it also happened with other symbols on my site.

@joebr Thank you for reporting and explaining the issue better than I would have.

@QA_Brandon Really looking forward to a fix as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hi All,

I have some great news to share with you — Our engineering team has now resolved the issue you have experienced with your project related to Symbols!

Please make sure you republish your site.

There could still be some unexpected behavior, but this should be resolved in the coming day(s), but in the meantime, there is a workaround for this. If you are still seeing any of the below-described behavior follow the workaround described below.

Possible behavior:

1. Attempting to select an element inside a symbol selects a different element somewhere on the page
  2. Interactions applied to one element affect one or more additional elements, unexpectedly (most likely one element is inside a symbol)

Workaround:

• Create a temporary blank page (this is required to avoid selecting other elements with duplicate IDs)
  • Add an instance of the problematic symbol to the page
  • Edit the symbol
  • Select the effect/corrupted element that is acting strange
  • Copy the element: Command + C (on Mac) or Control + C (on Windows)
  • Paste the element (same location) Command + V (on Mac) or Control + V (on Windows)
  • Delete the original and keep the copy
  • Publish your site

I also like to thank you for your patience and kindness as we worked on resolving this issue, and I want to also take the time to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you have any questions, or if there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.