Switching between language pages redirects to home page

Hi,

I have a site which is in 11 languages. The issue that I am having is with redirecting from one language to the other, when I switch from one language to another I am always redirected back to the homepage. For example.

I am on the English pricing page, when I switch the language to french in the navigation bar i am brought to the french home page instead of the french pricing page.

I checked my link settings. But in the link setting I can select a specific page to redirect to. Where as I want the site to recognise the page they are one and redirect them to the same page but in the other language.

Have you any idea how I solve this issue.

Hi @emma100 Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link and custom domain are really helpful:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi @waldo. Thanks for your reply. Here is the read only link to my site

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cloudwithme?preview=72fc8d702826f3fbf2ae02e702e33d86

Maybe this needs to be done through some custom code.

Thanks
Emma

Hi @emma100 with your current approach, it looks like you’ll need a unique nav on every page since you’re linking directly to pages instead of the dropdown which currently links to the home page for each language at this time:

Thanks for your reply @Waldo.

Sorry but what exactly do you mean by Unique nav?

Thanks

Emma

@emma100 it looks like you’re using a Symbol on every page. Within your symbol you have a language drop down that links to the home page of each language variation that you built out.

So if you want to swap out those links on a per a page basis you would have to unlink your Nav from the symbol and update your language links accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.