Submit Forms - can I delete the success/error messages !?

Hello there,

I just added a form to my project which is really helpful, though I dont want a success message
to be shown in any case.
I tried to delete it from the navigator but this deletes the whole form out of my project.
Also tried to make it permanet display none but it wont let me do this.

How can I solve this whithout having this problem ?
Is there a “supposed to be” way ?

thx for help !

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

please help me on this, its really making me crazy, and i cant find any solution the google way

1 Like

@rico Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really helps us to help you faster!

In the past I’ve used the re-direct feature to send the form submission success event to a success page. Or creating an interaction that on clicking the submit button, the entire form gets set to display: none.

The recommended experience is to have some sort of success indicator when a form is submitted so I recommend at least having a success page or a success indicator of some sort as you can place anything inside of the success item.

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :bowing_man:

thx for helping me waldo !
actually its really simple like I explained in my first post.
I only want to delete the succes message-div which is included in the form div by default.
when I delete it, the whole form div is deleted. I can reproduce this every time.
Seems like both are default.
I also cant make it state none.

so no chance to delete the succes message ?

One thing to remember is that if you send successful submissions to a specific page, you can track that in analytics. Also, something needs to happen after a user submits a form for usability.

But i dont simply need it…

so if I dont need it, even if its recommended to use it, how can I discard it ?

I believe that you can put a “#” symbol in that action.

But - don’t leave your user hanging. Let them know it worked. And make sure you implement a way to track submissions. Someday, someone will want to know.

ok got this, thx !

so far, I still dont need the success and error message divs.

my form div with the included input field and buttons has the exact size
like another div whichs gets at some point invisible and the the form gets visible.
it should sit at the same position (because of flow), but it doesnt.
I have the feeling the succes and error divs cause the problem.
If I delete everything except those two, the problem still exists.

so is there a chance of deleting them somehow ?

No, there is no way to delete them from inside webflow. Perhaps you should style your success message exactly like your form (width, height and all) to not have it break your flow?

Just to point out that it’s there for a reason though… how is a user supposed to know the form has worked, or not worked? They’ll just sit there clicking the submit button until their head pops off! :grinning: :boom:

I was typing that you could style the form the same as the actual contact form, then I saw @dram typed the same thing. So yes… what they said :point_up_2:

1 Like

ok sizing the succes / error boxes could maybe help, thats something I did not think of, since Im quite new to webdesign/coding in detail.

regarding the user, its not really necessary to inform the user within the clickflow,
since the submit ends up in redirecting to another website anyway

The button that comes with the form is of type “submit”. You can remove the sumit button and add a regular button with the ID you use in your JS code. This way, you will benefit from the input fields, add your own functionlity without triggering the form submittsion.

The Disable of success/failure is a MUST. I think it’s the most useless idea to lock and force web designers to use a function they don’t need. Why is it forced to use this function? I choose if I want to use this function or not. And Iw seen @magicmark said “Well without this people will be just clicking the form and will not know if its submitted” But thats designers fault and he will choose what he want to do with his knowledge. Now I’m wasting my time trying to find a workaround because third party JavaScript uses type=“submit” same as webflow. And they have their own messages with a value, but I can’t find a way to be able to show the value as webflow just makes the form to disappear. The Value from third party email collection also shows a custom discount code to use on my shop page on amazon. But the webflow makes the whole form with all elements disappear. Who’s ever idea was to lock the success/error messages and make the form disappear after submission needs to find a new job. The designer needs to be able to choose what he wants to do with all the elements of web developing. Not the platform creator.

@magicmark Yes, but that is not for the Webflow to decide. If I want to have my own thing there I should not be locked to use some useless thing. If Im as a website developer do a mistake like that and force people to keep clicking without any message… That’s my fault and I failed as a web developer. But still I should not be locked to use what webflow FORCES me to use.

thats a snippet of the custom code from a third party:

<div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
		<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
		<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
	</div>   
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name=" (HERE IS CUSTOM CODE ID THAT GIVES CUSTOM VALUE AFTER SUBMISSION) " tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
    <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>

Hi guys,

I am having same issue,
@rico posted this issue in 2017, and now 4 years passed, and why webflow designers didnt figure out this promlem?))
this success message could be disappeared automatically after few sec or when you click or tap (mobile) the any screen on display.
So Rico understand you very well as I am facing the same problem.

I get why Webflow makes the success and error messages mandatory in ANY way… but, as a developer, we don’t always need form blog to put form elements in, most common example is filters, filters like checkboxes, radio buttons, inputs, etc. they filter elements that are placed outside the form block, and users definitely don’t need the indication of success or error messages…

Success and Error messages are ONLY useful for submitting data to server such as subscriptions, login/sign up, sending files (can be images, documents, etc), etc.

for example, I need some checkboxes and an input to redirect user to a sub-page with the settings that they applied in the main form to the form in the sub-page where the form in the sub-page is used to filter elements in that sub-page… in this case, I don’t need the Success nor Error messages at all… I’ve changed the button to a link text element so when the user presses the submit button those users wont actually send anything to my email or even using up my email counter (whichh doesn’t even make sense in any way for limiting how many emails I received from my website)… Now that people can click on that submit button without me worrying about my email count, oh wait, I STILL NEED TO WORRY THAT PEOPLE STILL CAN PRES “ENTER” KEY TO SUBMIT IT AND USE UP MY EMAIL COUNTER FOR NO REASON AND NOT EVEN GETTING WHAT THEY’RE EXPECTED TO BE… so stupid and frustrating…