Static Pages: Root Folders - Don't move

8/21/2019-2:20 PM-Chicago

This has been reported (I believe) since 2017:
That static page folders in root position which supposedly can be dragged to a new position do not do so. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

As you consider fixes, for all things whereby it would default to a natural alpha/numeric order, that would be wonderful: folders, symbols, etc.

Other than that! Wonderful!

PS: The ability to have folders for CMS Template pages is already registered as a “wish” item.
I agree…but if it were ever possible to bring everything within one category (all static and CMS Collection files and Templates) so that everything is within the same area of the page it would be great!)

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

This issue has been reported several times on the Forum over the past 2 ½ years. It is still a bug. Very annoying.

Simply want to drag and re-order pages/folders in the Designer. Does not work in Chrome, nor Safari. It’s extremely finicky.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

3 Likes

Agreed! I’ve never really paid a ton of attention to it because of how amazing Webflow is overall, but it’s been bothering me more and more lately.

Individual pages can’t be drug in-between other folders. It appears that you have to have 2 consecutive pages that aren’t folders in order to place a single page where you want it. This becomes super obnoxious when you have a template where everything is in folders and your client doesn’t want to pay for hosting until the site is ready. This presents the issue of not being able to create new blank pages just so that I can get nested pages outside of their folder.

You can do this Webflow! Let’s get it!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.