Spacing issues on mobile landscape (cutting off)

Hi all,

I desperately need help figuring out what’s going on with my design. When viewing it on a cellphone in landscape view, it gets cut off, the background starts repeating, etc.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to Webflow and I grossly underestimated the learning curve. :smiling_face_with_tear: I was supposed to get this site launched today but instead I’ve been spinning my wheels all day trying to figure this out.

Any help is appreciated!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/black-burgh-love?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=black-burgh-love&preview=5c319fc4f3706c6b2edc29733ff96a97&workflow=preview

Hi, Domanique! Welcome to the forum. I’d be happy to try and help.

You’re doing a great job, honestly. Just a couple of things I’d recommend changing to see if it fixes your issue.

On your desktop breakpoint image remove the height and the minimum height, and set Overflow to Visible.
Head to your other breakpoints, and on these settings, click on the name of the setting and then Reset.

Select your Section 2 element image and set the Width to 100vw and the Height to 100vh. VW and VH are “viewport width” and “viewport height”, which will make sure this container always stretches to fill the entire screen width and height. Go ahead and reset this on the lower breakpoints as well.

Now, I can’t really test this on a mobile device without a published version of the site, but I’m thinking that will clear up your issues. Let me know how it turns out, and if you need more assistance, go ahead and publish the site and drop that link so I can take another peek. Thank you!

Hey Chris! Seriously, thank you so much! :raised_hands:t4:

Your tips worked perfectly for stopping the cut off and everything is visible now.

Would you happen to know how I can stop the background image from repeating? I’ve tried multiple different settings but can’t seem to find what I’m missing. It looks good in the editor but still repeats on mobile landscape.

Thank you again for your help.

Actually, I believe I figured it out. The landscape view on my phone is actually pulling from the tablet breakpoint in the editor.

1 Like