Slider triggered animation loops buggily

Hey guys,

we have a weird problem we already had, what solved it was re-building an entire section of our project, and I don’t want to do that again :smiley:

There is a circle (that becomes a timer in the final version). Inside of that circle are 2 text blocks with the class names “get ready” and “go”. These perform an animation in which, shortly said, they both appear and disappear consecutively. To not cause problems as they sit on top of each other and because we already had huge problems making “get ready” do what we want it to do, “get ready”'s position is Relative, while “go”'s position is Absolute.
For some reasons, “go” performs its animation, isn’t visible for some seconds, then performs its animation a second time. This procedure seems to be a loop. Sometimes, this unwanted loop is buggy, and “go” just stops the animation’s movements for a couple seconds.
Here’s the link - “Slide 2” is the one: Webflow - Johannes's Fantastic Project

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Hi @Johannes_Eisenlohr

Thanks for posting about this.

I think I found a fix for you:

1. duplicate the interaction
  2. set the element “get ready” to the original interaction and delete the secondary slider trigger
  3. set the element “go” to the duplicated interaction–delete the first slider trigger
  4. remove the “affect different element option”
  5. add a final step on duplicated interaction to “display: none”

Here is a GIF of these steps: Screen Recording 2017-04-05...

​Please let me know if this solves the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Brandon,
thanks a lot for the answer. Totally nailed it. Was playing around with display none and it seemed to make things worse, but that way it solved it. You guys do a great job helping people here :thumbsup:

1 Like

Hi @Johannes_Eisenlohr
Thanks so much for letting me know and for the positive feedback :smiley:

I am happy to help!

Awesome :slight_smile:

Hey Brando,
We’ve a similar problem on Slide 7 - sometimes you’ve to wait ~20 secs, but “trophy” loops buggily as well. Could you look into it? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.