Separate hosting fee for publishing to a subdomain?

After reading this article, it was unclear to me whether or not Webflow assesses designers an additional hosting fee for publishing to a subdomain of a site.

For example:
Let’s say I own www.aol.com - and pay Webflow to host that.
Can I build and publish a site on photos.aol.com without paying a second hosting fee?

Can anyone shed some light on this question?

Each project has a separate charge for hosting, no matter how you want to host it (main or subdomain).

Hi @John_Rafferty I just wanted to chime in here, thanks for that note @samliew

So if you add a subdomain to your Webflow hosted site, what you’re doing is essentially saying that the subdomain is another address to the same website content.

So unless you plan on pointing that subdomain to the same content then you’d have to set up a new site with a new hosting subscription and then point your subdomain at the new site.

To point a subdomain at a Webflow hosted site all you need to do is set up a CNAME for the subdomain.

​If you have SSL enabled, you should have the following DNS record for your subdomain:

1 CNAME record:
subdomainproxy-ssl.webflow.com

If you have SSL disabled, you should have the following DNS record for your subdomain:
1 CNAME record:
subdomainproxy.webflow.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.