Hey folks, I built a little marketplace MVP that allows you to find a local course easily. You can find it here: https://www.cademy.io
Here’s the final result:
Here’s the rough outline of how we got it done:
Here’s how it’s made:
- Scrape some of the local course providers’ websites using Webscraper.io
- Clean up the scraped data in Google DataPrep by Trifacta.
- Clean up the data in Google sheets.
- Add a picture to each course listing by querying the Unsplash stock photo API using OpenRefine.
- Import all clean data into the Webflow CMS.
- Export Webflow CMS data and import into an Algolia index.
- Configure Algolia instant search on the Webflow page.
I’ve written more details about each step here if anyone’s interested: https://go.cademy.io/70d
If you got any questions please comment here or on the medium post and I’ll happily answer.