Save Array data into Webflow CMS?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on a project for the past 2 months now and finally coming to the end, however I ran into a small issue in trying to finish one of my phases.

I am currently using google’s Firebase cloud functions to grab product information from a drop shipping platform and save it then send it into the Webflow CMS whenever a new product is published. However I now need to make sure that I have the options I need for customers to be able to select size and color options they want. The current issue in sending this information to Webflow is that it comes as an array. I am not sure how I can save that array of data into one collection Item. My initial data structure was going to look something like this:

productCollection = {
    ProductTitle, 
    ProductId, 
    thumbnailImage, 
    productImages(multi-image field),
    //The above data is currently the only sections that I have working saved into Webflow
    colorWays, // multi-ref field?
    Sizes, // multi-ref field?
}

colorsCollection = {
    productTitle, 
    productId, 
    [colorName's] // I would somehow need this array of information saved into this collection in one Item
}

SizesCollection = {
    ProductTitle, 
    productId, 
    [sizeName's] // I would somehow need this array of information saved into this collection in one Item
}

I hope the above makes sense. I would need this data so that once passed to my payment system I can take the color name and size name, make them a string and cross reference them with all the possible variants to select the correct SKU and send the order to the drop-shipping service. Also I am not using the E-Commerce hosting plan, I have set all this up through the regular CMS.

I am not sure if there is any way to make this happen, or even any “hack” to get around this. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

Have you read the documentation for webflow eCommerce API? Even though what you described might sound like a lot, it is a very simple and straight forward thing to do with the use of the api.

https://developers.webflow.com/#create-new-product-and-default-sku