RESOLVED: Parent Element Deleted when Child Elements are Deleted

Removes one element within another element is removed , both to hell.

I click to delete the empty container, instead, removes the entire navbar entirely.

MOD EDIT: Renaming post from “Removes one element within another element is removed , both to hell” to “Parent Element Deleted when Child Elements are Deleted”

Yes, I have exactly the same problem with a widget Dropdown

Dropdown individual elements is not delete - Bugs - Forum | Webflow

Having the same issue… trying to delete one nav link in a drop menu deletes the entire drop nav…

Same issue here, but not just trying to clear! Even duplicate or copy/paste actions is applied to the parent element of one selected.

I noticed that happening with me as well! It is very odd indeed.

Dear team Webflow, please fix this bug. I know that you tried very hard over the service Webflow and constantly are improving it . And I realize that improvement and development is not possible without errors.

I wish you success in your work.

Hey @Barsik I just wanted to let you know that the team is looking into this right away. If you ever experience any issues such as the above, please send an email to support@webflow.com and they can hop right on it.
Thanks again man!

This started happening to me as well. This is pretty problematic as I am working on a project that is due before I leave for vacation next week and every minute counts. Please please please try to get this rectified as soon as possible.

edit: after posting this i opened webflow in incognito mode in chrome and am able to delete properly now. so others who are having issues may want to try that until the bug is resolved.

Hey everyone, sorry for the issue! We found the bug and fixed it – you’re now able to delete the container of a navbar if it’s not the only element in the navbar (e.g. if you move the Menu outside of the container like in the original post).

1 Like

Unfortunately, right now I’m still checking that if I try to delete an item that is located inside a container is deleted both. Same thing if I try to duplicate the element: is duplicated the entire container

Heya @fabiogabrielli, can you be a little more specific please? Was the element you tried to duplicate/delete a container in a navbar or in a different element?

Decision.

I forgot to tell everyone. The problem of the removal of one element can be " solved " by simply making an invisible element, that is, setting it to display: none.
It is very easy to “Display setting”, click on the headlines with the eye icon. And the element disappears.

Hi @josh, sorry for the late reply.
I found the problem … and solved. My mistake, I had used a single block of text to create a “list” of sub-elements (via the span tag), so trying to delete or duplicate an item, the change was applied to the entire block.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.