Referencing a Multi-Reference Field

I have a Collection List full of products (not using ecommerce) and a Multi-Reference field that references an option, let’s say a Collection called ‘sizes’.

I have done this because a product could be available in multiple sizes, but not all sizes.

How do I display the sizes an individual Collection item is available in from the Multi-Reference field for that item? And then how do I enable a user to choose one of them.

In this example a shirt is available in S, M and L. These are selected in the Collection item of the shirt’s Multi-Reference field. How do I then display these sizes and require a user to choose one of them.

Thanks!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

@radicalrooster - can you post a read-only link so I can take a look?

Sure, although the real-life example is a little more complex than the shirt example I gave - https://preview.webflow.com/preview/go-ferrari-driving?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=go-ferrari-driving&preview=9caed1f50d7061c4dd6c8ecbf03e1d1f&pageId=5f2172f634776dcf6deffe46&itemId=5f2198f615a567a19ed0e881&mode=preview

In this live sample, each Collection Item cold be available in multiple locations and at multiple dates.

Each Collection item could therefore be completely different - Some available in 4 locations and 3 dates, some just 2 locations and 1 date, it varies massively.

I then need the user to choose one of these dates and locations.

I found sort of a work around - WebFlow - Databinding to Form Select (Dropdown and Listbox) controls | Sygnal Technology | Blog

But this only shows everything in a Collection in a dropdown, not from a Multi-Reference field.

Thanks!

Figured it out! Example - https://go-ferrari-driving.webflow.io/ferrari-driving-experience/magni-ea

I used this tutorial - Sygnal Technology | Blog | WebFlow - Databinding to Form Select (Dropdown and Listbox) controls

But when loading in a Collection I chose the ‘Multi-Reference’ instead. Means I need two ‘hidden’ Collection lists to pull in the data but it works!

1 Like