Question for creating a custom slider / image carousel

Hi there,

I want to create a slider like on this page (when you scroll a bit down to ‘beautiful gardens’: iki-bir.com

It does not need to be an infinite slider, simply a slider that has multiple images with the same height but different widths. And basically shows parts of the next upcoming slide but when the user clicks on the arrow to scroll further, the slider should not replace the entire 100vw content but should just go a bit further to reveal the entire next image (then again, the user should see parts of the next upcoming image/slide). Not really sure what that is called? A seamless slider?

It does not need to be dynamic/ I am not using CMS here.

I know how to create the slides with different widths but I don’t know what is needed to make the scrolling to the next slide/image smooth like in the example link

I don’t have a read only link to share since I don’t know how to do this :slight_smile:

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

hi @Jana90 you can try GlideJS as it is very simple to use. It is a handy small library with lots of options. Whats more you can make it endless with one line of the code and API is easy to follow with examples.

Hi @Stan

I just got to try this but don’t understand how to set this up. I guess my first struggle is that I do find the js CDN link but not the required CSS CDN link. On the site they only provide it for download. And I don’t think you can add scripts in Webflow. I googled this a lot but only found other user having trouble getting glide.js to work.

Do you know a easy tutorial to follow where I can learn to implement this?

Hi @Jana90 implementation is very easy and documentation is great. Here is one simple example how to. :wink:

LIVE Site

Hi @Stan

I think I got it now, I just couldn’t find the CDN for the CSS files, which are required. But after some googling, I found this https://cdnjs.com/libraries/Glide.js/3.4.1

And now I got it set up :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @Jana90 glad to hear it. If this helped solve your issue feel free to choose any response as solution to mark this request as solved :wink:

btw: link to Glide.js API from jsDelivr is in code on top in embed GLIDE JS file.