Publishing individual CMS

Hey there.

I’ve just read the recent news https://webflow.com/feature/publish-individual-cms-items-from-the-api

And it sparkled some hope for me. Does this mean that now I can publish new items via Zapier automatically without a need to log in and do it manually so that the recently added items would be published?

If so would it require some changes in the Zap API?

I’ve just tried to pull some of my CMS items via Zapier, but they have only been staged for published as usual but not published completely.

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance

Did you read the updated documentation? A new “live” variable is required.

So that probably means that Zapier should update their codes and make new zaps with ?live=true

Zapier support said that Webflow app was made by Webflow team and it would be the fastest to suggest the team updating it themselves. So I think it is time for the team to rock :slight_smile: @Waldo @cyberdave

@radmitry Just a heads up - we’ve just updated Zapier to support individual item publishing! Have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@brjohnson whoooaa :webflow_heart:

1 Like

@brjohnson

But it doesnt work :frowning:
Trying to pull Data from YouTube video. Whatever this means…

There are some restrictions on live publish to prevent issues where your live site and your staging site (what you see in the designer) are no longer compatible with each other.

In this case, what this means is that all of the domains you have published to must all be on the same version (published at the same time). Once you republish your site to all publish targets at the same time, the error should go away.

More details: https://developers.webflow.com/#create-new-live-collection-item

Hm, I’ve just published my sites to all domains at the same time, all the items in all collections are in the status of “Published” but I’m hitting the same error. Tried recreating the Zap from scratch, but still same

@brjohnson and yet another bug with live items
Tryin to sync Date field with Facebook Post Date, it works with creating ordinary cms item , but trying to do a live one hits this error

According to API documentation, the date format has to be like this:

2016-10-24T19:43:15.745Z

Facebook uses a slightly different format:

2016-10-24T19:43:15+0000

Why does it work with regular CMS item then and doesnt work with live CMS?

@samliew I can use Zapier formatter for that. What would be the correct symbol set for it? I understand YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss but what comes after seconds? thx

Hey all. Still haven’t figured both issues with wrong Time string and error 400. I don’t think there is an error on my side, seems like there are some glitches in new Live CMS app on Zapier. thx
@brjohnson @samliew @nathan

I’m running into this issue now as well. All the domains have been published together. I’ve even unpublished it, and then republished them all together. No dice. Here’s the error from Zapier…

Bargle. We hit an error creating a item. :frowning: Error:
api.webflow.com returned (400) Bad Request and said “To directly publish CMS items, your staging and public-facing Collections must be consistent, so be sure to publish to all domains.”

Here’s a screen grab of my published domains…

1 Like

Hi, I’m getting this error as well. Bargle. We hit an error creating a item. :frowning: Error:
api.webflow.com returned (400) Bad Request and said “To directly publish CMS items, your staging and public-facing Collections must be consistent, so be sure to publish to all domains.”

I created a webflow zaps before with no problems so i’m not sure why i’m having this problem now. All the connections are correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the read only link and the form is on the [Battery Orders] Page
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/peregrine2?preview=8dd586b6c73deac3ede8a436a1223f24

1 Like

Can anyone on the Webflow team comment on this?

@MrCannon @md673 - Can you confirm you are still seeing these errors? This should have been fixed so if you still are experiencing issues with it we will make sure to mark that as a high priority bug and get it fixed right away.

2 Likes

It’s working!! Thanks @nathan.

Both errors gone. Thanks a lot @nathan ! :pray::webflow_heart:

No everything is good to go.

Thank you.