Problem with absolute / relative to

Hello everyone. I have a problem with the absolute position and I don’t understand why. Here is a video explaining the problem: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Here is a read-only link to the website: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/augustins-marvelous-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=augustins-marvelous-project&preview=934c1ddc95af1de74f0217412ef3f1c1&mode=preview

Thanks very much for your help
Best

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hello @Augustindb,

The issue is that to set an element on position absolute you have to set a parent container for that element as position relative. So for your checkbox element to be position absolute relative to your Checkbox div block (or any other parent container), your Checkbox div block has to have position relative. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

What should I do if the direct parent of an element is set to relative and the child is ignoring that and parent element setting and pointing to the body of the whole page?

By the way… to Webflow designers…
The way that you have designed the “relative to” element in the “Position” sidebar dropdown makes it look like it is supposed to be interacted with. The design makes It looks like one should be able to click and change the targeted “relative to” element (similar to how one can change target element in the interactions panel).
This would be cool… but also not sure if that is what you were going for.