Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Plans for Hosting

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and so quickly.

That’s a bit unfortunate as I was hoping to remove one hosting from HostGator and invest into Webflow but that won’t do, in this case.

@Stefan_Stoyanov you’re welcome. Sorry this doesn’t solve your issue. You’ll find that needing a hosting plan for a subdomain is the case with all hosting companies.

@vincent Hi! I am working on my blog of which needs 20 static pages and 200 CMS collections. Now, should I have to build the website after buying the site plan, or can I make them in webflow without the site plan?

I have heard someone saying in a free account I can’t make more than 2 static pages. So, should I have to buy a site plan to start designing the blog? please guide me here. Thanks In Advance.

You mean items? CMS plan is limited to 2000 Items and 20 Collections.

• If you have an Account Plan (Lite or Pro), your site will be in a Enhanced Staging and limited to 50 Items — but no other limitation for Collections number or reference of fields number — after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).
  • If you have a Free Plan, your site will be in a Free Staging and limited to 20 Items — but no other limitation for Collections number or reference of fields number — after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).
  • If you have an Account Plan (Lite or Pro), you’re not limited in terms of static pages. You can make 100.
  • If you have a Free Plan, you’re limited to 2 pages, after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).

Yes, preferably. Most designers start the CMS Site Plan when they start the project. On a free plan, it also unlocks Custom Code.

Thank You so much @vincent for your great and clear-cut answer. I am willing to buy a custom domain for webflow hosting. Though it is an out question I think you are the best-experienced person for this answer.
Can you suggest me any? Google or Godaddy?
I am starting a blog website. I am from Bangladesh.
Which will be better for me and suited much with Webflow?
Thanks Again in Advance.

I suggest you look at gandi.net, it’s a European registrar, they do a great job, service is excellent and prices for domains are very good.

@vincent Interesting that you recommend a European registrar in the forum of an American company. :wink:

What do you think of Namecheap? Their prices are much cheaper. Maybe at the cost of DNS speed?

I am French. I try not to use Google services for obvious reasons, I despise Godaddy because I’m old enough to remember the horror stories around it, I don’t like when a service has "Cheap " in their name when I’m looking for reliability, I favor a good customer support, one you can actually talk to. US services can be cool but they regularly don’t care too much about things outside their primary market.

A domain name is sensible, super sensible, extra sensible if you’re going to rely on it for your email addresses domain. Chose wisely. Also a company that has office hours in your timezone is something to consider.

1 Like