Plans for Hosting

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and so quickly.

That’s a bit unfortunate as I was hoping to remove one hosting from HostGator and invest into Webflow but that won’t do, in this case.

@Stefan_Stoyanov you’re welcome. Sorry this doesn’t solve your issue. You’ll find that needing a hosting plan for a subdomain is the case with all hosting companies.

@vincent Hi! I am working on my blog of which needs 20 static pages and 200 CMS collections. Now, should I have to build the website after buying the site plan, or can I make them in webflow without the site plan?

I have heard someone saying in a free account I can’t make more than 2 static pages. So, should I have to buy a site plan to start designing the blog? please guide me here. Thanks In Advance.

You mean items? CMS plan is limited to 2000 Items and 20 Collections.

• If you have an Account Plan (Lite or Pro), your site will be in a Enhanced Staging and limited to 50 Items — but no other limitation for Collections number or reference of fields number — after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).
  • If you have a Free Plan, your site will be in a Free Staging and limited to 20 Items — but no other limitation for Collections number or reference of fields number — after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).
  • If you have an Account Plan (Lite or Pro), you’re not limited in terms of static pages. You can make 100.
  • If you have a Free Plan, you’re limited to 2 pages, after what you’ll be asked to purchase a Site plan (CMS hosting).

Yes, preferably. Most designers start the CMS Site Plan when they start the project. On a free plan, it also unlocks Custom Code.

https://www.man1fest.me/komparator

Thank You so much @vincent for your great and clear-cut answer. I am willing to buy a custom domain for webflow hosting. Though it is an out question I think you are the best-experienced person for this answer.
Can you suggest me any? Google or Godaddy?
I am starting a blog website. I am from Bangladesh.
Which will be better for me and suited much with Webflow?
Thanks Again in Advance.

I suggest you look at gandi.net, it’s a European registrar, they do a great job, service is excellent and prices for domains are very good.

@vincent Interesting that you recommend a European registrar in the forum of an American company. :wink:

What do you think of Namecheap? Their prices are much cheaper. Maybe at the cost of DNS speed?

I am French. I try not to use Google services for obvious reasons, I despise Godaddy because I’m old enough to remember the horror stories around it, I don’t like when a service has "Cheap " in their name when I’m looking for reliability, I favor a good customer support, one you can actually talk to. US services can be cool but they regularly don’t care too much about things outside their primary market.

A domain name is sensible, super sensible, extra sensible if you’re going to rely on it for your email addresses domain. Chose wisely. Also a company that has office hours in your timezone is something to consider.

2 Likes

Hi,

Can you please just clarify something for me: I have a Basic plan on Webflow to have my site online on my custom domain. The domain was purchased via a 3rd party. Does this Basic plan allow me to have another site without extra charges?

One Basic plan = hosting for one static website

basic plan = two unhosted sites and unlimited hosted sites.

Hello,
Sorry for my bad words. I’m a french newbie.
I’m on an OneShot deal : 1 website for 1 client. He already have an hosting solution and his own custom domain.
I’m thinking to build it via webflow Core Workspace, and then export the html code.
How the code would be edited in wordpress builder or in webflow in the future ? If I downgrade my plan from Core to Free after publishing, will I be able to reload this site in my DashBoard ?
Thanks for your help