Per page HTML lang attribute

Please offer the possibility to set the html lang attribute per page. This is the only way for a multilingual site to conform to WCAG Level A, which is a requirement for many of us and our clients.

https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/meaning-doc-lang-id.html

Until Webflow actually supports multi-language you can export a site and manually make the changes you need. Of course you would have to wire up collections with custom code, but it is an option. The other smarter choice is to not use it and choose from the vast array of CMS’s that do.

The other smarter choice is to not use it and choose from the vast array of CMS’s that do.

Well, I’d like to get smarter. If you’ve got examples of a hosted service like Webflow, SquareSpace, etc., that have multilingual support built-in, please post them.

E: I’ve tried Shopify, SquareSpace, WebFlow, and Wix. All advertise themselves as multilingual. Wix is the only one that’s multilingual out of the box, but it has lots of other problems.

(I don’t normally work in this area of web dev, but a friend has a rickety Joomla small site that needs moved to a hosted service.)

All hosted SASS Web builders have limitations. Honestly Wix is the most powerful since you can run node code and do whatever you want with data. My preference is just to host in the cloud any CMS I want to run. Then I don’t have SASS limits. Good luck with your project.

EDIT: I forgot about Sitejet – All-in-One Web Design Platform which is multi-language capable. Hosting is / was in Germany so they have no issue with GDPR. Worth a look.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a look!

1 Like