Pay a deposit or instalment options?

How do I offer a client the ability to take 50% deposits against a product price or allow for an instalment options? is this possible with Webflow eCommerce in any shape or form? it seems pretty basic.

Installments are one of those things that seem basic but are actually rather tricky on the back end, because they require automated billing. That sounds simple too, but it’s like… well… okay, so you give a mouse a cookie, right? If you give a mouse a cookie, they’re gonna want a glass of milk. But if you give them a glass of milk, they’re going to want to store your credit card information.

You can’t charge a card automatically unless you have the card info in a secure database for later use. You’d also need an “account” for the customer, so the system can tell whose card is whose, which transactions are which, and when to terminate the installments. Unfortunately, Webflow doesn’t have that infrastructure available to the end user just yet.

To be clear, this is 100% possible in Webflow, but not without some outside help. You can integrate with Shopify quite easily using their Buy Button toolkit, for example. I don’t know for sure, but there’s gotta be something for installments with Shopify.

If you’re interested in going that route shoot me a message and I’ll be glad to help!

2 Likes

This is a quality reference, thank you :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Garrett, that actually makes perfect sense. I think they were prepared to manually manage the payments but just wanted a full price and/or half price (deposit) option. I advised them to simply create a new product price for deposits and perhaps STRIPE checkout might be an option down the line…

Hi all.
Josh with Foxy here. With our seamless Webflow integration, you can manage products with Webflow CMS and allow for full payment or installments (pricing 100% controlled in Webflow CMS): Webflow | Foxy.io

In addition, you can embed a customer portal where customers can login, view payment history, manage their installment plans, and more.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Josh, I’d really like to know more about this. I have a client who needs to take deposits for her bridalwear + to book her fitting appointments. Looking forward to hearing from you.

READ ONLY LINK

1 Like

Hi @studiofolklore.
Happy to help. Mind emailing us details on your specific use case/needs and we’ll get you pointed in the right direction: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Georgina,

Did you get around to finding a proper solution for deposits? Im curious too