OK to use Memberships Beta for client work?

Hey all,

I can’t seem to find any information about the “safety” of using a webflow product that’s in Beta for client projects.

Is it safe / a good idea to build client sites using Beta products or is it likely / possible that webflow radically change the product / wipe accounts etc?

Have webflow ever made a statement about this?

I’m interested here mainly in Memberships Beta but I guess the topic is broader than just that product.

Many thanks,

Dave

Ok so I guess I should have just tried signing up to the Beta to find the answer to this.

I was instantly presented with the T&C’s which include this statement:

BY USING ANY BETA PRODUCT, YOU HEREBY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS BETA AGREEMENT. YOU FURTHER AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT EACH BETA PRODUCT IS PROVIDED AS A “BETA” VERSION AND MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 8 OF THIS BETA AGREEMENT. BETA PRODUCTS MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF ALL BETA PRODUCTS. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ANY BETA PRODUCT IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE ACCEPTING THESE RISKS.

Which is a pretty clear answer to my question :slight_smile:

1 Like

On a side note if anyone has a good idea when Memberships will be leaving beta that would be very useful info :+1:

I’m using Memberships in internal projects, but not client ones. It’s missing a few key features and has shown occasional instabilities through the BETA as the team builds out various capabilities.

Webflow is very quiet about release dates and even the feature road map, so we don’t have any idea what will be delivered in the v1 final release, or when that might happen.

An educated guess would be at this years Webflow conference (November-ish). But I’m just guessing.

Dave as an update on this, Webflow just announced in the Circle forum that they are going to wrap up Memberships with the current feature set and release it to production.

So in a sense, yes you should be able to consider it usable for production, as in fully supported and operationally-stable.

However, it also means the feature progression has been halted and they will not be adding anything new.

If it already does what you need to do, I’d treat it as near-final-launch and use it accordingly.

Thanks memetician, thats great to know :+1: