New Form Submissions Policy

Thank you @callmevlad, we really appreciate you guys. Truly love Webflow and will continue to be a loyal brand evangelist for you guys.

2 Likes

Good to know it is at least a temporary solution. I agree, it isn’t something you can do daily.

I came to weblow to develop websites. I came to webflow because as a website development tool I found it to be pretty awesome with respect to any other tool I was using at the time I discovered webflow. I still think it is an awesome tool for developing websites. I believed/believe in webflow partly because of the following partial webflow creed and I hope that doesn’t change: “Everyone should have the power to create for the web. To make the most of the web, we need tools that democratize access to it — i.e., tools that empower creative people to build websites and share their visions with the world”.

As to the form problem and the stated reasoning for any change to it being “clients get very upset when a freelancer ends up deleting their Webflow account/sites many months after a site is complete and hosted elsewhere. When this happens, the freelancer (original Webflow account owner, not the client who might not even know about Webflow) can delete a Webflow site (which makes it impossible for Webflow’s servers to keep delivering the form submissions…”

In such a case it makes perfect sense the above argument. That is why, in my mind, using webflows forms should have been and should always be TIED to hosting with webflow. It seems logical they should go hand in hand.

Personally, I don’t use webflow forms. And I don’t host client sites with webflow. I pay for access to the program and keeping websites in the system forever (and the webflow pricing model thereof is another bone of contention which has been expressed on another thread so won’t go into it here) because I am a developer, a web host, a marketer of client sites, we do everything and the webflow hosting model doesn’t fit our profit center needs since it ties us to a third party for one and two, we have our own dedicated server to host our clients on. Also, and mostly because I have been in business since 1998 and learned many, many years ago not to tie myself to any third party on behalf of my clients, if I can help it for reasons just like the “snafu” regarding form submissions.

As well, I don’t understand why anyone would use webflow form submissions or ANY third party form submission system on behalf of their clients. Just my personal opinion but it seems unprofessional to do so if not only because it ties the client to again, a third party system and leaves room for things like this to happen which could be beyond your ability to control.

It is really easy to use a secure form processing script and build a webflow form to use it we do it all the time and it only takes a minute to configure and works great for our clients and relieves us on relying on any third party.

So if anything, maybe this would be a good lesson in deciding to use a good form processing script and tying it into your form and relieving the client of ever having to rely on anyone but you.

Just my opinion…

1 Like

@callmevlad Is this still the case. I’ve been a loyal user of Webflow since 2014 and I recently built a site with Webflow and exported for the client which uses the Webflow forms. It’s now being hosted externally. Will they still be able to receive more than the 10 form submissions?

A post was split to a new topic: Form and pricing feedback