New Feature: Date (and time) picker

Hi, everyone! We’ve added a handy picker to the Date/Time field in Collections, so you and your content editors don’t have to type in dates and times anymore.

Here’s the date picker:

And the time picker:

To use the picker, just click the calendar icon next to the Date/Time field when you’re creating a new Collection Item.

25 Likes

YOU ALL ROCK!!! Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats great! Would love to see 24h format aswell tho. Most format used in Europe

4 Likes

Yay! (…and Yay again to get past the 30 character limit) :smiley:

1 Like

This is more than welcome. Keep them features coming. :smile: :punch:

2 Likes

so where is this new picker ? I don’t see it.

1 Like

This totally rocks white socks! Thanks team Webflow

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Feedback on CMS development and prioritization

You need to create a collection that includes a Date/Time field and then when adding items to that collection you can click on the calendar icon next to the Date/Time input to bring up the picker.

You can refer to this tutorial for step by step instructions on creating collections.

1 Like

It wasn’t that long ago that we wish for a date/time picker and now it’s here! Awesome! Thank you very much!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Add Date Picker component to be able to add to form elements on the canvas

How can I get swedish format on the dates/time etc?

Hey @Tomas_Coox you can display dates in any way you’d like using the CMS & setting each field how you’d like it to display.
Here’s an example of different date formats, but simply pulling in date, month, year separately from each other, and putting dashes and slashed between them as you’d like.
http://date-and-time-formats.webflow.io/

Here’s a link to view it in Webflow: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/date-and-time-formats?preview=66280975e41d237790ccb0eef50b195a

By pulling just the data field you want, then you can format it however you’d like to. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Waldo

1 Like

Sounds awesome! :slight_smile: Can you show me how I can get it to say Januari instead of January etc? :slight_smile:

Regards,
Tomas

Can you use the datepicker without using the CMS? I don’t really want to have to charge my client for ongoing monthly fees just for a datepicker…

1 Like

I only got an American Date Option. No British Option and No time option.

1 Like

This should be a wishlist item. Could you create one in the wishlist category?

You can voice in:

There are two things we’re waiting for: the local date format and the local date translation (translation of days and month).

For now I use a JS script to translate the days and months… I guess the script could also reorder elements to respect the local format. It was a bit hard to explain to clients that the date would be in english. For the time being, I’m fine with it. It will come for sure anyway.