Need my buttons to be click-able! z-index issue?

Hi, here’s my read-only link. My buttons aren’t clickable! They seem to need to be at a different z-index level but even though I put a 100 z-index level they aren’t clickable. The only things that have fixed positions are the two main sections of my website but that shouldn’t be a problem for relative elements shouldn’t it? Help! I believe my problem comes from the “navsidebars” grid area :confused:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/toku-labs?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=toku-labs&preview=21e7c3260b43d5a3d2d37b7a8a537f85&workflow=preview

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

It’s because the Contentbars grid has a z-index of 1 and the NavSideBars have a z-index of 2. If you bump up the Contentbars z-index to 3 for example that will do it.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought I had already tried that but it seems like I totally missed it :sweat:

Made the adjustments, issue now is that my “navbar” inside “navsidebars” is letting all the content go above it instead of below it :triumph: how can I have that “navbar” let everything go through below it?? thanks a lot by the way!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/toku-labs?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=toku-labs&preview=21e7c3260b43d5a3d2d37b7a8a537f85&workflow=preview

@Mauricio_Sola Just looked at the preview link and the NavSideBars class had a z-index of 0. Can you try increasing it again and let me know if it works for you too.

Well the way this is built is a little unorthodox. I don’t see a reason to have the navbar in one of the grids really. A simple fix would to be just pull it out of the grids like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 7.12.43 PM

You’ll have to remove the 100% height and adjust as necessary. And I removed the Section 2 div because I don’t really know what it was for. But that makes the navbar and buttons in the body content clickable at least. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I see! @jmkriz I’ll try to work around that instead. Sounds logical. I was using it inside these grids because they kept the form I needed and I thought that would cut me a lot of problems but it’s actually worse in the end haha. Thank you so much.

And also yes, I know it’s super unorthodox, I’m learning as I go sort of :sweat_smile: Using Section 2 div to use as the element for the “home” button to become a trigger that pulls you to the top of the page :sweat: there’s probably a betetr way to to this as well