Multi reference issues

Having problems referencing a particular collection in the cms.

I have products, and they refer to

1. Services (of which there are 4)
  2. Categories (of which there are more, like 15)

Now I can add a filter using the multi ref of Services, and select “Service of current…”, but I cant do that with categories!

What is the difference, and why?? It is killing me! :slight_smile: :tired_face:

Here is my public share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/milford?preview=97a78273e4b3c0dad3edbf65f153475a

Hey @Fagerlund,

On which page exactly do you want this to add this filter please ?
Thanks,

Sorry! That would be on the “Produkter Template” collections page, in the footer, where I want to show projects within that same “Produkt Kategori” (product category). I can do it with services for some reason, but not with the ‘kategori’ reference…

1 Like

@Fagerlund, that looks like a bug for me…

@bart Hey dude how are you ? Long time no see.
What do you think of this ?

On a collection page, product can filter with the current service from a multiref but can not filter with the current category from a multiref too.

Am i missing something ?
Thanks,

Hi @Fagerlund

Thanks for posting - definitely seems odd. Can you specify which section of that template page? Sorry, I’m having a hard time finding which section / elements you are working in.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Brando
It is in the bottom part of the page, I would like to include other posts from same “Produkt Kategori”, but I cant. Could have anything to do with the fact, that some of these categories are in danish and include danish characters?

Ah now I understand! Thanks for clarifying.

This took me a bit to figure out, but this isn’t a bug. Imade a video that should help clarify some things - specifically:

• why you are able to see a filter option for services 2 multi-ref field
  • how to filter with mulit-ref fields
  • how to achieve what you are trying to build here

I hope the video helps - took a few takes because I was confusing myself at times :sweat_smile:

But let me know if you have any other questions!

(Article referenced in video)

@Brando I’m kinda glad that even staff have multi-reference confusion at times - reassuring for the rest of us :wink:

1 Like

@StuM Haha yes for sure you are not alone. Multi - reference and DB structuring sometimes got me like…

giphy-downsized

Early project planning:

When it all links up:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the video. It is very clear, even if the little detail that it APPEARS I can filter by multi reference is there.

So could you help me clariyf if there is any way I can solve my issue:

1. I have a number of products. Most are only in one category but a few are in 2 or 3.
  2. Client wants to have the user see one product (so the product collection) and have a list below with links to other products in that same category.

As I read your comments: I would have to link to an overview page (the category page) where I can then have a list of products. But I cant show that list of products beneath my current product and have it filtered by same belonging to a category?

Thank you in advance for your help!

My pleasure @Fagerlund - happy to help.

In this case you would need to add a new collection list to the "Produkter Template” collection page and bind it to the product category multi-reference field:

Once bound, any categories you have referenced for any given product will show up there without needing to filter anything. You can rinse and repeat for the Services multi-reference field as well.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

@StuM accurate :joy::rofl::joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.