Merge multiple CMS custom fields into single text element

I have a database of properties I want to display with separate fields for address, city, state, and zip.

I prefer to keep the fields separate, but would like the CMS content page to have a title that is the full address and combine all these (and other text elements that combine different fields)

Is this possible? Or can a text element only get text from 1 field?

An element can only get content from one field. What you can do is simply combine the different elements with display:inline and they will stack to the side of one another

Great thanks!

Does this mess up things like SEO if instead of the H1 being 123 Main St, New York, NY there are now several H1’s?

1 Like

This is a less than ideal solution as it requires me then to fiddle with the padding or spacing between words. For example, I have text fields that are for Author first name and Author last name. If I put those each in separate text elements and then set them to inline I have to mess with the padding of the first one to get the spacing correct. Much better to simply concatenate.

3 Likes

Was there any solution to this? I have encountered the same problem…

@Brandon_Booth & @Brix

Until Webflow allows us to add CMS content overrides for span’s, the solution I use is recreating the specific element within an Embed using dynamic embeds. This will allow you to include CMS content inline without needing to duplicate any elements.

A combined heading would look something like this:

4 Likes

Oh wow. This changed my workflows immensely. I was actually creating CMS fields where I would enter combined string + value combinations manually per CMS item. Horrible. This is a great way of solving for this shortcoming, works like a charm if you tweak the custom code a bit for styling and display wishes.

Awesome, cheers!

1 Like