Making a Nav item link to a cms collection page

I’m using memberstack to create member specific dashboards and want to make a link in the Nav link directly to the cms collection page without adding in the entire collection to the nav bar.

Is there a way to do this or redirect to a cms collection page?

I can’t share the read-only link for NDA reasons.

Hey @CassG

Sorry for not getting to this sooner – my name is Robert and I work for Memberstack. Let me make sure that I understand what you’re asking. You are trying to link one specific item in a CMS Collection page in the Nav Bar of your site, but you’re finding that when you do so all of the other items in the collection list are also being included.

If that is the case, I would suggest just finding the specific URL attached to that collection item and linking it directly (when you create a Collection Page, the slug that exists in the CMS item itself gets carried over to a /collectionpage/slug URL. You should be able to link to it directly.

Is the issue that the item in the nav bar varies (i.e. in each individual dashboard, the things you want to display might be different for different people?) If that is the case, I can try to think of potential solutions. In that case though, using a nav element is probably not a great idea (just because the point of the nav element is that it is the same across the website).

Let me know if this was helpful.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_J,

Yes, so the nav bar item varies and needs to link to individual dashboards. But, since I’m using Memberstack I was able to make the nav item link to the login redirect i set up on Memberstack using custom attributes!

All is good now :slight_smile:

Thanks!