Linking to Anchors or Sections in other pages

HI @TomLamers

Thanks for your comment here.

The reason I don’t think this is a bug per say as the anchor links to other pages work as expected. So if the link setting is set to an external link and goes to your-domain.com/page#section, that link will lead to that URL. This is true for webflow.io domains and exported sites.

The limitation you are referring to, if I understand correctly, is that when you export your site you need to ensure the external URL uses your custom domain, while if you are testing on the webflow.io subdomain you need to ensure the URL uses the weblfow.io subdomain.

I agree that the UX here is not ideal and I’ve filed an internal enhancement request to improve control around anchor links. With this additional control, you should be able to specify a page and an ID in the settings and the Designer will fill in the blanks for you.

Again, I don’t have a solid time frame on when such an update will be rolled out but I’ll let you know as soon as I have more info. I really appreciate your help in improving this area of the Designer!

@Metrik that definitely sounds odd! Can you pleasereach out to support about this issue? Then we can help you resolve this right away.

1 Like