Link between multiple pages within the same site

Hi,

I am new here, so I hope I am asking this in the right place.
I am designing a webstie for a company which offers mainly two services. My idea is to design the main page with the two names of the services and make the two words clickable, and linking to their respective pages to like give the full width of the screen to the service which the visitor is most interested in.
I also want to make the transition from the main page to its sub pages smooth with some sort of effect, like a smooth moving of the loaded page into the screen.
Any idea if this is possible, and could anyone please give me some pointers on how to achieve that.

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers,

1 Like

Hello @Dude

Welcome!

You can use a link block with text inside to create a clickable text or you can use a text link.

For the page transition you need some java script. Check this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhZNzYyXx0

Piter :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Great, thanks.
Another question I have is, I am currently working with the Versus free template for this project. I would like to make the other pages specific to the services with the same layout structure and colors of the home page. Can I copy and duplicate the home page, to be edited with the services description and some other images, from this free template? Or is there another method to achieve this? As a side note I am still using the the free membership, so do I need to add the hosting? I am thinking to take the CMS plan for this.

1 Like

If you want to have pages with the same look, but for different services, I will suggest creating a CMS collection called services and designing the CMS pages. All CMS pages will have the same look, but they will be for different service.

Check > CMS & dynamic content | Webflow University

CMS is the best way to go. For example, you can create a CMS collection called projects and add/edit projects easily. The same will be for having a blog. CMS collection called blog with some blog posts inside.

CMS pages are for pages who have the same layout, but for different things.

Hope this helps :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Ok, got it. I will go for the CMS option.
But as I am already busy with the Versus template, can I just make copies of that template into the CMS? Is that how it works? Cause I don’t want to design everything from scratch as this site needs to be done very quick.

THanks for the help this far.

1 Like

Yes, you can select a section > copy > paste

1 Like

Thanks, you’ve been a really big help. Much appreciated.

1 Like