Limiting adjustable resize of text area input form

Hi, is there a way to limit the amount that a text area input box can be resized? (within a Form) Currently, it is possible to drag the text area as wide as possible, distorting the layout.

Thanks

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Control the size of that element exactly like a div, in the Designer. So in most cases, you want it to be a fixed width, so it only extends vertically. Then you can set a min-height and max-height.

ah, so simple… thanks a bunch vincent

Hi, I have the same issue.

I have set the text area field to max 100% but it extends as far you want. Does it have to be set to a number of pixels?

Thanks,

Niall

It seems like this problem has been going on for a long time. I have the same problem now. I’ve been trying to solve it for 2 hours. It is impossible to control this resizing option. And if the form is placed in the Quick Stack or Columns text field resizing option makes an even bigger mess. It behaves as if it is not possible to stop with max width using % or vw anywhere.

Help guys…

hi @alex2dots did you tried to wrap your textarea in div that has max-width: 200px and textarea width:100%?

Do you know that:

1. you can set resize: none not to be textarea resizeable
  2. set width by cols
    etc. etc with simple custom CSS code?

here is a simple example:

<style>
.container {
  border: 2px solid orange;
  width: 200px;
  padding: 10px;
}
.sub-container {
  padding: 10px;
  border: 1px solid green;
}
textarea {
  max-width: 100%;
  /* resize: none; */
  border: 1px dashed red;
}

</style>

<div class="container">
	<div class="sub-container">
		<textarea cols="30" rows="10" placeholder="Please don't outgrow the container></textarea>
	</div>
</div>

Hard to suggest you are trying to achieve and why you can’t solve it. :man_shrugging: