Issues with SSL certificate for new website

Hi,

I have recently set up a new website with a custom domain (oliviahows.com) and I am having some issues with the setup and SSL certificate.

When I look at the Webflow settings page, I get the following error (screenshot attached): “DNSSEC validation failure. Please check oliviahows.com | DNSViz”. It is not clear what I am supposed to do when I look at the errors on the linked page.

The website itself is available but is not secured and has the following error: “.webflow.io certificate has expired.” (screenshot attached) It seems the date of the certificate is in 2017.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there anything I can do to resolve it? I’ve used a DNS record checker and both my A and CNAME records appear to be in order.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Olivia

Screenshots:

1 Like

How you fixed it can you explain? @oliviahows

Just a note on this for anyone who comes across it. When you first setup a new domain name for SSL, it seems to take Webflow a bit to sort out the SSL cert generation.

This was a bit of an issue when I was migrating sites from non-SSL to SSL a few years ago when Webflow first upgrade this ability, you’d end up with a few hours of downtime, so I did 3am migrations.

Currently on first setup, I usually see an hour or so where the browser is “confused” because the site declares it’s secure but doesn’t have a working cert yet. On chrome/windows, I usually get warnings but can usually still access it.