Issues with Internet Explorer

Hi,

I am having issues with the layout of this site on Internet Explorer and it is not working properly.
I’d like to get the same results that I have with other browsers (Chrome and Safari working properly)

Here’s the problem:

and also this kind of problem as well

I had the same problems of “sliders going above sliders” (the main content are projects into sliders) in tablet landscape mode so I added some extra margin-bottom on the sliders (with media-queries in the custom code of the dashboard) and it worked but I have no clue of what’s going wrong with Internet Explorer.

Can someone help me with that?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dpv?preview=46c4740397e7ed8cf362c2302069d48d
(how to access public share link)

Massive apologies but I stumbled onto this today

But on a serious note, have you though about targeting IE seperately?

<!--[if IE]>
	<style>

</style>
<![endif]-->

Just saw this though Note that IE 10 and up DO NOT support conditional comments at all.

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the humoristic note, I need it…:wink:

I didn’t think about it at all… I just had those screenshots from my client computer and I have to access a pc to check this.

Thanks a lot…!

Again,

how would you target IE with Webflow, in the custom code?

(no joke, I never targeted IE before, newbie of hair-pulling IE problems…)

yes, go to your site settings (if you want to apply it across every page)

Here you can insert the following snippet (someone correct me if i’m wrong here)

<!--[if IE]>
	<style>
              /* IE up to 9 CSS styles go here */
	</style>
<![endif]-->

<style>
    @media all and (-ms-high-contrast: none), (-ms-high-contrast: active) {
          /* IE10+ CSS styles go here */
    }
</style>
1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help, I’ll try that…!

Let me know if the above suggestions work for you :slight_smile:

Ok I’ll do that, thanks for your help

did it work @leetch?

Hi again Aidz,

thanks again for your help and sorry for the late answer.
I checked everything on a pc with Windows 10 and the latest Internet Explorer and with the code you provided I managed to add some custom code and it worked well.

The problem remaining is that I can’t view on older Internet Explorer.

Do you know online screen capture tools or debugging tools allowing me to see the Internet Explorer screen captures? (a free tool…)

Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your help again.

Hey @leetch

Thanks for the feedback, could you provide the version of Internet Explorer that you used where it didn’t work.

after googling for a few minutes I could only find this one - http://browsershots.org/

In fact I don’t know I just have those screenshots and I don’t know the version :wink:

Thanks for the browsershots link I am gonna check

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.