Issue with low score on Google PageSpeed?

Hello, I’ve been having an issue with getting a higher score on the Google PageSpeed on the mobile site version. I’m currently at a score of 35 with the main things causes this score being:

• Reduce unused JavaScript
  • Minify JavaScript

The website this is in regards to is: www.madebycampfire.com

I’ve attached some images below

Would anyone know how I could go about fixing these two main issues? Since I’m not really sure what its talking about in terms of the JavaScript on the site?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Using lots of interactions plus e-com enabled creates lots of bloat as you can see from the size of the webflow.js file on your site. The only way to reduce the size of that file is to not use them. The uncompressed size of your interactions alone is 1mb, compressed is 53kb.

Google tag manager affects page load as well. So does using Google fonts. Both of these are optional so you could choose not to use them. Fonts can be loaded from Webflow instead. I ran a test without webfonts.js running and the fonts loading from Google on your site and pulled the mobile score up to a 71.

How do you load the fonts from Webflow instead?

Is this via settings > Custom Fonts > Upload? Or another way?

With the e-com I don’t use any Ecommerce stuff is there away to disable it?

There is a resource for Webflow called the university. It is available at https://university.webflow.com and has detailed information that answers your question about custom fonts.

With the e-com I don’t use any Ecommerce stuff is there away to disable it?

Webflow does not provide a switch to turn it off in your project settings. They should because it affects the page load speed when enabled which is especially problematic when you aren’t using it. It may be possible to reach out to support to see if they can disable it.

I followed the video on custom fonts as was able to bring the score up to 58 on mobile.

FYI: Lato is still being loaded by Google.

Yeah, and I’m not fully sure why? No text elements I can see are still using it.

@andrew_salfinger - If you open your CSS file in dev tools you can easily search for a font-family string.

.question-title { margin-top: 3px; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: Lato,sans-serif; color: #7f8893; font-size: 17px; line-height: 25px; font-weight: 700 }

and

body { margin: 0; min-height: 100%; background-color: #fff; font-family: Lato,sans-serif; color: #7f8893; font-size: 18.5px; line-height: 28px }

You can add defer or async on the script or delay the loading for the tag manager. It will improve the performance a bit.