Is it possible to use in-page linking within a scroll box?

Hi there,

I am trying to add a ‘help’ section to my site (the irony is not lost on me :smile: ) and I would like the in-page links to scroll to the right section of the text.

Unfortunately since my text is in a scroll box (not sure what those are called, but, you get what I mean, right?) I can’t seem to get the page to scroll the right way.

services.touchbaserealestate.com/help-centre/help-centre

Please check out this page to see what I mean - you will see that there are several options on the menu on the left of the page. I want these to make the text scroll down to the right part, so the person looking for help will be able to just click the subject they are curious about and see the right information.

Does that make sense?

I tried two different ways - if you click on ‘Touchbase for agents’ (first option on the menu) you’ll see that the whole page scrolls, which is what I don’t want.

Then, I added a link to the title text- ‘‘What’s a Rich Text element?’’ to test if it would work if the link was inside the scrolliebox - still no dice.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is my public share link: LINK

You cannot add IDs to elements within a rich text field - so scrolling will not work anyway unless you implement custom code.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.