Integrated User Testing on WebFlow Sites

Hi @LaurentCardinal. Great questions!

Our advantage over UT.com is:

1. You can run 5x the tests for the same budget…or conversely the same number of tests for 1/5th of the budget :smile:
  2. You get analytics to filter responses, so you don’t have to watch all of the recordings to see results.
  3. It is really easy to test on your own users with Validately. Really hard to do with UT.
  4. Our panelist do not get graded by you. Which means that they have no incentive to make you feel good. They just respond to what they see, so you get more accurate feedback.
  5. We don’t force panelists to complete a test. We show you bounces and completes, but only charge you for completes. We think that you can learn as much from bounces as you can completes, so we want to show you both, whereas UT panelists always complete a test because they are being graded by you and they get paid to complete a test.

You are welcome to use mTurk to source panelists on Validately tests. Each Validately test has a share URL that you can put into mTurk. We would record what the user does so you can watch them and also produce funnel reports and qualitative reports. The downside of using mTurk for panelists is that the segmenting data on the tester isn’t validated or as granular as we offer. We source our panel from uSamp. This is uSamp’s business model to provide panels. They manage and validate the targeting criteria of the panelists. But you can use Validately either way.

Finally, yes, we would be happy to have you test it out. Email me steven @ validately. com

Sounds great. I want to try it out!

Thanks for the follow up questions @bartekkustra. That is a very good question.

User testing can have a few benefits.
1 Usability Testing: As @LaurentCardinal mentioned, doing usability testing is important. Asking testers to complete a flow and then seeing how intuitive/easy it was for the tester is critical.

2 Value Testing: Asking users (or potential users from a demographically targeted panel) to try features and gaining qualitative feedback from users can help you prioritize features on a page or change the information hierarchy of the page.

3 Understanding Why? Google Analytics can tell you what users are doing, but if you want to understand why, you have to do user testing.

Just a quick update for everyone. I did a quick tour of the validately.com platform and it’s promising in comparison to UserTesting.com

Anyone looking to improve the UX of their projects should definitely try it out!

1 Like

That sounds promising. I’ll consider trying this one on my next project. Can I contact you directly somehow? Mail? Phone? FaceTime?

1 Like

Yes, email me when you are ready to run a test and I can get you set up with a free trial account.
steven @ validately . com

Thank you @LaurentCardinal glad you got the opportunity to dig in. lmk if you have questions.