Impossible to style rich text cause tag selector is empty

Hi :wave:

In the GIF below you will see I’m doing the following:

• Selecting a Rich Text Block with a class already applied
  • Selecting an element in that Rich Text Block so I can apply styles to it

However, when I select the child element I just see this:

The Selector field is disabled so I can’t type anything. The sidebar shows me steps on how to style elements within a Rich Text Block despite the fact I followed those steps to the letter.

The Rich Text Block is used inside a Nested Collection. I don’t know if that would make a difference. If it does then I’m guessing this is a bug.

Can someone tell me what’s going on please :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @bebar_chebla

It happened to me with CMS text too. Create a new rich-text area and give it same class and put dummy text and tags in it then you able to see the tag on the right side.

thanks
let me know if you need more help ping me on Discord “mati#9475”

Hi @color2life

Tried that and it didn’t work for me. So this must definitely be a bug.

This seems to be fixed. No communication from Webflow about it though.

I have exactly the same issue. Even when I try adding a new rich text block and adding the class the selector field has nothing in it, and is un-clickable. Very frustrating.

…and today it’s working again. Not sure where the bug’s coming from, but thankful to be able to style today!

Hi everyone in this topic. There were two or three more topics started about this in the last two days. This was a bug and it’s now resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.