If I gave you a really easy way to add user accounts to your website

…what would your use case be?

I’m working on a really easy to use system that will allow Webflow users of all skill levels to implement user accounts on their sites. This means user registration, sign up and various levels of user roles such as access to a private members area or “premium” content. All without writing any code whatsoever.

To create a system that addresses the most use cases possible, and only allows access to secure data in the most secure way possible, it would be extremely helpful for me if you could comment with precisely you would want a user authentication system to do for you.

It would be great to know things such as:

• What exactly would you want to hide from non registered users?
  • What exactly would you want to hide from unpaid users?
  • What exactly would you want to show to registered users?
  • What exactly would you want to show to paid users?

The more granular detail the better. Just tell me any and every detail about what you would want to build using this system. Your input is invaluable to shaping how I build this system, so if this is something you would benefit from please comment!

6 Likes

Engage. Such as comment and rate, without forcing them to use a third-nasty thing like Disqus, Facebook or anything that adds 40 trackers to your page as soon as you’ve integrated it.

7 Likes

Sounds great. I’d like to be able to show certain CMS collections if the user has signed up and paid a monthly / annual fee. The data when logged in needs to be secure - as I’ve one potential client who will be looking to protect legal documents.

There would also need to be a good user control system whereby the client can view the user accounts - names, emails, logins, etc.

Looking forward to what you produce!

3 Likes

Thanks Vincent, this is a great idea! If I could push you for some more detail here, could you tell me what specifically you would want your users to comment and rate on? I am correct in assuming that you mean allowing users to engage in CMS created content like blog posts?

There would also need to be a good user control system whereby the client can view the user accounts - names, emails, logins, etc.

You’re absolutely right, and this is definitely are core feature I will be building.

Sounds great. I’d like to be able to show certain CMS collections if the user has signed up and paid a monthly / annual fee. The data when logged in needs to be secure - as I’ve one potential client who will be looking to protect legal documents.

This is great feedback, thank you. My challenge here will be that in order for a document to be properly secure, it needs to live on a database that we can control access to. This means not publishing it directly on your Webflow site. I need to figure out a way to allow you to create content within Webflow or the Webflow CMS system, but push that content through a secure database for access control purposes.

I do have a few ideas around how I can manage this, but it’s great to hear from you that this would actually be a use case!

3 Likes

Here’s a working solution my partner and I built. There are links to demo sites on the homepage.

1 Like

I’m building a real estate listing site that needs individual accounts and logins with profiles that can be customized.

1 Like

Hi Dan, what you need is possible with Memberstack. Will you charge users to create/manage their profiles? It’s possible either way.

When will it be in beta at least? Would like to use it!

1 Like

Hi Tyler - We’re making progress! We have just a few features left to develop before it’s ready for the Beta. Do you need this for a client project?

Im the “developer” for the company I work for and we are in need of a new website, I’ve suggested webflow

1 Like

any update on this? Account creation would be great

1 Like

Hey @nxwebflow! MemberStack.io is alive and well. We have hundreds of happy Webflow users, and quite a few cloneable templates you can use to jumpstart your next project. Free Webflow Cloneables | Memberstack

MemberStack has an unlimited free trial, so you can test your entire site before you have to pay, and we’re happy to help out if you ever get stuck.

If you have any questions or need any help please join our slack group, or contact us directly at team@memberstack.io.

1 Like

Hey everyone, MemberSpace.com is also available for Webflow now. We’ve been around for 4+ years and have almost every feature you could imagine (plus a Zapier integration to handle anything else).

It costs $0 until you have 5 members so you can take as long as you need to setup and get your first customers :slight_smile:

Any questions, DM me, email support@memberspace.com, or call 201-499-5193.

Is there any forum integration? Right now it seems the use is to make certain content only available to paying users. Is that correct?

1 Like

Yea we actually integrate with https://muut.com/ and https://www.websitetoolbox.com/ so when a member is logged in and is viewing your embedded forum on a page they will be automatically logged into the forum as well :slight_smile:

You can use MemberSpace to make certain content or whole pages available to paying (or free) members.

I would love a photography proofing area for clients.

The photographer: create the gallery, assign a name and a password, on “send” button an email containing a message, link, name of the gallery and password are sent to the client. On the panel where the photographer controls all the galleries, the status becomes something like “waiting for proofing”.

The client: receive the email, click the link, access the gallery using name and password where, use the checkbox for choosing each pic, and can write a message to the photographer. Clicking on “send” button, the photographer receives an email with the gallery name, the list of pics, and the comment. The gallery status becomes “approved”.

1 Like