How to trigger a Menu Button interaction on Navbar opens?

Hi, I’m trying to add some animations to divs inside the menu button, triggered when the navbar is opened.

However, with the Menu Button selected I am unable to select “Navbar opens” as a trigger:

The help box says “Select a Navbar element to use this trigger.”. Is the Menu Button not a Navbar element?

This the tutorial I’ve been trying to follow along with, but it was 6 years ago, so the interface has obviously changed and improved since then!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

Here is my public share link:
Preview Link

Um, yeah so turns out if you just read and follow that message it’s not so hard :sweat_smile:

I’m quite obviously pretty new to Webflow, and the forums… What’s the best practice for when you realise you’ve asked a pointless question? Should I just delete the question?

1 Like

The good practice is exactly what you did here!

1. there are no pointless questions. You’ve asked yourself something, others will do
  2. you’ve answered your own question, giving back to the community for the next person looking for that answer.

Just make sure your title contains everything the newt person looking for that answer needs to find your post.

Thank you for participating!

Okay, that’s good to know, thanks Vincent!