How to make links to IDs to scroll to the top with a vertical menu?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/niko-kappel?preview=9032a788658473899b0d93165a02cd5f

Hi there, i have changed this template into a Onepage-Layout.
Now I am trying to link the left navbar to sections in the Layout.
It works fine in Tablet and Mobile but in Desktop it only jumps to the first
pixels of a section making it impossible for the user to see what he clicked.

I figured it must be a problem with the left navbar. It seems to align the bottom end of the navbar to the content inpage link. Does anyone have a clue how i can work around this problem?

thanks guys!!!

That’s a situation the Webflow developers have envisioned.

1. select the menu
  2. tell Webflow the menu is vertical and full page, and to nuke the offset.

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/vx0wp.jpg

1. enjoy the links working perfectly

2 Likes

Wow that’s awesome mate! Thanks for the fast help vincent!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Can I make this without using the navbar el? :cry:

Inspect the page to see what Webflow is doing when this option is checked, wether it’s a class they add, a JS they run…

1 Like

I don’t see anything…Works fine but the top of the section goes to the bottom of the viewport and not to the top :smile: I think I will use a hack and place the id one section bellow the one I want.

I was going to suggest that. Be careful though, it doesn’t make any sense in term of accessibility.

Out of curiosity, why can’t you use a Navbar element?

@bart you maybe know a workaround for this, or an answer to the question "How can we use the benefits — at least the “Menu fills page height” and “Disable offset” — of a Webflow Navbar component on a hand crafted navbar?

1 Like

Actually I’ve made a navbar using the navbar element and still no success :sweat_smile: I checked the two options for offset and menu height. I just love making everything from scratch :smile: the strange thing is when I position my navbar to the top of the page everything works fine.

Yes, the hack is not very good way of doing this.