How many projects can I have in the CMS Plan?

Hello, I’m new to Webflow and I’d like to ask how many projects you can have on the CMS Plan. I already have one project in my dashboard, can I transfer another one without loosing my existing project (website)?

Thanks

Hi @Chara,
welcome to webflow and the forum. The projects are not limited by the site plans. They are limited by the account plans. Here is the webflow pricing:

Account plans are needed for special features and more than 2 projects.

Site plans are as the name says it for a site. They include hosting and everything the site needs. (CMS in the CMS plan Ecommerce & CMS in the Ecommerce plan and so on)

just check the pricing page out.

Maxi

@MXI Thanks for your quick reply.

So If I’m understanding it correctly, I’ll first need a site plan (e.g CMS) and then if I need to add more than one projects I’ll have to buy an account plan? But if I only need to host two websites it is free with the starter account plan?

@Chara
kind of. You don´t need any plan to get startet, BUT with no account plan, you are resitricted to 2 projects, no white labeling, and no project transfer. →

And without a site plan on a site, you cannot use password protection for your site, no custom domain, no content collaborators. You are also restricted in some other features.

If i were you i would start without any plans, and see how far i come. You will clearly see where the limits are. For example if you try enabeling custom domain or site search without a site plan, webflow will say to you that you will need a site plan for this.

The site plans in gerneral are ment to be payed by your customers. (it is the hosting of their website)

Hope i could help
Maxi

Thanks @MXI !
So, if I need to have a custom domain I’ll need a paid plan?

At least a paid site plan. Because this is your hosting.

1 Like

Hi Maxi,

Let’s say I have two businesses and I want both to be hosted in Webflow and both to have CSM. Does that mean that I have to pay for two CMS site plans?

Hi @AliciaBaquero,

of course. If you create two different sites, you´ll need two plans, one for each site.

This is the hosting for your site.

Maxi

So its not like Wordpress hosts where you can get multiple sites with one account? You need two separate accounts? One for site plan and the other for the account plan?

@Diversengn_Companion - Each hosted project with a custom domain and all the features needs a site plan and if you build sites for clients you would typically get a workspace plan to build them there. If you need to use custom code that feature comes with workspace plans. Refer to the Webflow site for features and pricing.

Hi. Im sorry to bother, but can you tell me How many websites i can host on a CMS plan on webflow?
I’ve read the article on webflow but i missed the point. They stated “100 pages” so i didn’t quite get if that the total of a single website or i may host several websites with the total of 100 pages.
Thank you.

A site plan is for one site.

1 Like