Horizontal Scroll Issue (with hidden nav menu)

Hey all, having a weird issue when using a hidden fixed nav menu, that seems to be forcing horizontal scroll. This only happened when I implemented the menu section (and added simple interactions)

The section in question is fixed 100vw & 100vh at a fixed position and is hidden by default. All other sections do not cause this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @161creativedesign

I am unable to see any horizontal scrolling on my end.

Screen Recording 2017-03-14...

Did you find a fix for this issue?

If not can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Hey @Brando ,

Thanks for checking in, I did find a fix. I changed the hidden menu section’s size to width 100% and height 100% and again made sure overflow was hidden. Any reason why 100vw and 100vh would force horizontal scrolling as opposed to using 100%?

Hi @161creativedesign ,

I think it may have to due with the scroll bar when using vw/vh on Windows.

100vw on OS will include the scroll bar, while 100vw on Windows excludes the scroll bar.

This article has some more info.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hey @Brando,

This does help, I have gone over the article. So when making hero sections like the one I have and full bleed fixed navigation menus, using neither 100vh/vw or 100% values works on both osx and windows? How is this effect to be achieved?

Edit: I’ve found a full bleed section can be achieved by using 100% width & 100vh as described by @Waldo on this post Website width overflow issue . Still rather frustrating that 100vw causes this problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.